M3 – Miscellaneous Diving Equipment
The diverse diving equipment consists of the set of instruments and specific equipment of diving with BCD.
In this module, we will know the instruments and how to use them from the profundimeter, clock, thermometer, compass, high-pressure manometer, dive computer. Safety equipment such as knife, sound signalling, landing buoy, surface buoy. And yet accessories like underwater writing board, flashlight, bag for equipment and underwater media.
AT THE END OF THE MODULE THE STUDENT MUST KNOW
- What are the key tools for diving and how to use them.
- What are the main types of profundimeters.
- How a compass is built, how it works and how to use it.
- What function has the high-pressure gauge, how it is graduated and how it is used.
- Interpret and comply with the instructions provided by a dive computer.
- What characteristics should the diving knife have what is the usefulness of this type of instrument.
- What is it for and under what conditions a surface buoy should be used
- In what situations you can use the landing buoy and what care to take in its use.
- How to perform the maintenance of the equipment.
- Functions of the diving flashlight.