M6 – Equipment Maintenance
This module will address the maintenance of diving and safety equipment, freshwater washing in general cleaning, special care with deteriorated equipment, corrosion prevention of metal parts, regular service and maintenance services and long term storage.
AT THE END OF THE MODULE THE STUDENT MUST KNOW
- What importance is the maintenance of the equipment in the safety of the diver.
- Because it is essential to wash with fresh water all diving equipment.
- Special care to be taken with deteriorated equipment.
- How metal parts are protected.
- The importance of periodic equipment reviews.
- How to store the diving equipment.